Thursday, February 11, 2016

Continuing to run in foreign countries...

"Traveling is the only thing you pay for that makes you richer." That's at least how I'm justifying this trip's price tag. With that being said, I am very fortunate to have parents who are so willing and able to support me while I am across the pond. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you! And thank you to those who have continued to pray for my safety.

McKinley and I visited 6 countries in 18 days! If this leg of the trip were a track event, it was definitely the 100M dash. We then slowed down the pace (most would disagree) and spent a whole week in Italy visiting Venice, Florence, and Rome. Brace yourself:

 Piazza San Marco, Bridge of Sighs, gelato, pizza, Plazza Ducale, Jewish Ghetto, more gelato, Ponte di Rialto...
Piazzale Michelangelo, gelato, wine and cheese at sunset, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Cathedral, Duomo, more gelato and pizza...










 Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Mark's Cathedral, Colosseum, Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, 
Pantheon, and even more gelato and pasta!
Oh, and we shared a hostel with a nun.
 Yup that's Italy in a nutshell.




But no travel would be complete if all went according to plan! 

McKinley and I may have spent too much time trying to make it look like we were supporting the Leaning Tower of Pisa and then had to full out run the mile back to the train station only to hop on seconds before it took off. And when leaving Florence for Rome? Yeah...our directions didn't take us to the bus stop. So there goes Max and McKinley, running around the streets frantically asking for directions in Spanish with an Italian accent to anyone we run into ;)

Although speaking Spanish in an Italian accent is fun, I'm sure they don't appreciate it. So I'm happy to finally be in a country where the people (sometimes) understand me. Stay tuned for more adventures from a dog in a foreign place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment